Church of St John the Baptist

People have lived in the Coltishall village area since Roman times and there has been a Church building on the present site to witness to the Christian faith for at least a thousand years, probably much longer.Two small Saxon circular windows survive in the north wall.  The Church was rebuilt in the 13th century and the tower was built in the 15th century.  The Church was dedicated to St John the Baptist in 1284: the earliest dedication is not known.  The Church contains an early Norman font and 15th century rood screen.  The modern Organ Case was given by the inventor of the depth charge in memory of his wife.  The tower clock has the same escapement as Big Ben.

Parish Priest : Rev Christopher  Engelsen
From the Reverend Christopher Engelsen